Thank you for your prayers and support, which are essential for our ministry. Please find below our latest prayer requests.
However, just before we get to that, here is an exhortation sent out by our President, RJ Koerper, earlier this month. I hope it is of encouragement to you.
Tucked away in I Corinthians 3 is a promise about where ultimately transformation comes from—not from an apostle, or a rock star pastor, but from God.
“After all, who is Apollos? Who is Paul? We are only God’s servants through whom you believed the Good News. Each of us did the work the Lord gave us. I planted the seed in your hearts, and Apollos watered it, but it was God who made it grow. It’s not important who does the planting, or who does the watering. What’s important is that God makes the seed grow. The one who plants and the one who waters work together with the same purpose. “
Our part in this: be faithful servants, and whether you are a teacher, a faithful financial partner, a prayer warrior, and encourager to Global Action, we all look to God to accomplish His purposes through our ministry. We are so grateful for your prayer support in these crucial days ahead.
- Please pray for the children and teenagers who attended the summer camps in Ukraine earlier this year. Pray that God will remain with them throughout the year. Pray that they get connected with good churches.
- This month marks a start of a new training season in Ukraine. Please pray for all those who are attending the sessions. Pray that they will get the most out of the training. Please pray for their ministries – that God would use them mightily in their communities.
- Please pray for the new training that is starting in Ranchi, India. Pray for all those we are training.
- We are currently exploring setting up a new training course in Bhutan, a country that is largely un-reached. Please pray for wisdom as we consider this. Pray for good connections with local leaders who can help us establish a programme that is best suited to local needs.
- This month we are graduating over 300 leaders in Honduras and Guatemala. This is the most we’ve ever graduated at one time! Praise God that we have been able to equip so many leaders in this troubled region. Please pray that the graduations will be filled with celebrations and joy! Please pray for the ministry of these leaders – some of them work in incredibly challenging situations (see here for a picture of what one of our leaders – Edwin Avilez – is facing).
- Please pray for all our leaders and their families – that God would protect and sustain them.
- Please pray for financial provisions for the ministry, especially as we seek to meet our new 2016-17 budget. Pray that God would call the right people to come alongside us and make the ministry a success.
- The Global Action UK board meeting is coming up in November. Please pray for wisdom for the board as we consider plans and activities for the coming year.
Thank you for your prayers! As always, please email me any requests you would like the Global Action family to bring to God in prayer.